European Innovation Council Accelerator Calls
What does EIC Accelerator support?
The European Innovation Council (EIC) Accelerator supports companies (principally start-ups and SMEs) to scale up high-impact innovations with the potential to create new markets or disrupt existing ones. It provides a unique combination of funding from EUR 0.5 to EUR 17.5 million and Business Acceleration Services and focuses in particular on innovations building on scientific discovery or technological breakthroughs. It is also designed to enable such innovators to attract the full investment amounts needed for scale-up in a shorter timeframe.
How do you know if you're a potential candidate for EIC Accelerator?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I have a high-impact innovative product, service, or business model that could create new markets or disrupt existing ones in Europe and even worldwide?
- Am I a start-up or a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) with the ambition and commitment to scale up?
- Am I looking for substantial funding but the risks involved are too high for private investors alone to invest?
If the answer to all of them is yes, then EIC should be the right program for you.
The application consists of a number of steps...
- For example: a 5-page form summarizing the proposal and responding to a set of questions.
- For example: 3 evaluators are selected based on technology and application of the innovation.
Face to Face interviews with an EC jury:
- For example: a jury will have access to all documents and analysis from the IT tool.
What type of support will I receive?
The total indicative budget for this call is EUR 592.5 million, of which EUR 143.05 million will be funded through Next Generation EU as this call contributes to the objectives to rebuild a greener, more digital, and more resilient Europe.
The EIC provides blended finance:
- Investment component (Market Deployment Action)
- Grant Component (Innovation activities)
- Grant only
- Grant first
If the milestone assessment is positive, you will be, for example, required to demonstrate that you have sufficient financial means and be invited to enter due diligence and negotiations with the EIC fund.
To view the eligibility conditions, please click here
IDConsortium is a consultancy firm founded in Seville, Spain, in 2009 with the aim of helping researchers and businesses to internationalise and showcase their R&D by joining international consortiums to pursue different lines of research, development, and innovation. The firm is an offshoot of IDAction S.L., a company with a wide range of experience in managing R&D, innovation, and investment projects. We help promote clusters and sectorial organizations reach their potential at a national and international level. With our experience and involvement in various international innovation projects, we provide strategic advice in the following areas: Industrial Biotechnology, Advanced production systems in Agriculture, Livestock and Aquaculture based on Industry 4.0., and Innovative systems while promoting an active, healthy, and sustainable aging. Visit www.idconsortium.es/ for more information.