FUEL4ME - Future Euroepan League 4 Microalgal Energy
To develop a sustainable, scalable process for biofuels from microalgae and to valorize the by-products by 2017
Check out FUEL4ME's project brochure and learn more about this amazing project!
WHAT IS FUEL4ME?
- European Project funded by the 7th Framework Program with a budget of 5,4 M€.
- It was developed since 1st of January, 2013 until 31st of December, 2017.
- The project coordinator was Wageningen Food & Biobased Research.
The main Fuel4Me goals were:
- To establish a sustainable chain for continuous biofuel production and valorize the byproducts using microalgae as a production platform, thereby making 2nd generation biofuels competitive alternatives to fossil fuels.
- To contribute to the transition to a sustainable energy model.